none
Problem: Lock screen apps

Question

• The issue: whenever i try to add calendar mail or messaging to the lock screen apps it doesn't do anything i refreshed the installation thinking it may fix it but it hasnt changed anything even after running full updates. i also tried going to each program and changing then directly and everytime i move the permissions toggle it slides back is there something i can do to fix it. idea of what i need to do:

http://www.eightforums.com/attachments/tutorials/5012d1332872663-lock-screen-apps-choose-apps-show-status-windows-8-lock.jpg

sadly though all i have is +++++++

any help is much appreciated

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess you're using Windows 8 core (standard) which doesn't support gpedit, regarding to registry, the registry in your second post is not related with lock screen app, but you can refer to the registry settings in your first post.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

ToastEnabled DWORD

0 = Turn off
    1 = Turn on

after that, press F5 to refresh the registry or restart PC, check the result.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 08, 2014 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1?  In Windows 8, right charm bar\Settings\Change PC settings\Notification, turn on related notifications and check if it works.

Please also check if you have set some notification settings in Group Policy, run gpedit.msc to launch local group policy editor, locate to

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications, check if you have forced some settings under this entry.

Please also check this settings

Yolanda Zhu

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:29 AM
  • sorry sorry Windows 8 hp 14-b120dx

tried notification setting and everything was set to on.

windows couldn't find gpedit.msc

i also tried to adjust setting in my regedit personalization folder, which i discovered wasn't there so i used the enable download from this link to put it into the registry

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5763-lock-screen-enable-disable-windows-8-a.html

but still no dice

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

I guess you're using Windows 8 core (standard) which doesn't support gpedit, regarding to registry, the registry in your second post is not related with lock screen app, but you can refer to the registry settings in your first post.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

ToastEnabled DWORD

0 = Turn off
    1 = Turn on

after that, press F5 to refresh the registry or restart PC, check the result.

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, August 08, 2014 1:20 AM