none
Install App Problem with SQL Express

Question

• I have a VB/SQL application I've been using for a couple of years.  Recently I've made several upgrades to the code, some of which required database modifications.  When I try to Publish the CutPlanSystem, I get the following messages:

The following properties have been set:
    Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
    Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
    Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.0 {version}
    Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
    The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
    Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
    Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
    Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
    'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
    Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1', phase BuildList
    Reading value 'SP' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5'
    Read integer value 1
    Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNet35SP'
    The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1':
    Property: [DotNet35SP] = 1 {int}
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet35SP' and value '1': true
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
    '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 (x86)', phase BuildList
    Running external check with command 'C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD88DB.tmp\SqlExpress\SqlExpressChk.exe' and parameters ''
    Process exited with code 1
    Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'SQLExpressInstalled'
    The following properties have been set for package 'SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 (x86)':
    Property: [SQLExpressInstalled] = 1 {int}
    Running checks for command 'SqlExpress\sqlexpr32.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'SQLExpressInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1': true
    Result of checks for command 'SqlExpress\sqlexpr32.exe' is 'Bypass'
    Running checks for command 'SqlExpress\sqlexpr32.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'SQLExpressInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'Intel': true
    Result of checks for command 'SqlExpress\sqlexpr32.exe' is 'Fail'
    'SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 (x86)' RunCheck result: Fail
    A prerequisite failed for Package "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 (x86)"
    Package failed with message "This version of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (x86) is not supported for the current processor architecture."

the second is the screen shot, and the first is a Notepad display of the 'install log' mentioned in the screen shot.

I'm able to run the application, but I can't pin it to the Task Bar, which I want to do.

What is the problem, and how do I correct it.

Terry 01

Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:29 PM