none
Can I use Japanese to Excel Power Query Online Search ?

Question

• Can I use Japanese to Excel Power Query Online Search ?

I want to use online search by Japanese.
    I want to edit Wikipedia contents for Excel Power Query User-friendly.
    BUT, ???? show on results.

Keyword : 都道府県
    Result: ????routes - list of bus, ????routes - free bus, ....
    * "都道府県" means Prefecture in Japanese.
    * "都道府県" pronounce TO DO FU KE N.

Results of Japanese

Regards,
    Yoshihiro Kawabata

Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Yoshihiro,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to report this issue and to give precise information and screenshot. This is indeed unexpected and we are investigating this issue. Note that this issue only affects the "auto-complete" feature, but the search will work.

However, for now the content in the Public Data Catalog is English-only (English Wikipedia and open public data such as Worldbank, Data.gov, etc.) so we only have very limited number of datasets returned for non-English queries.

We are adding new datasets every month, if you have any suggestion, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Jean-Sébastien

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Yoshihiro,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to report this issue and to give precise information and screenshot. This is indeed unexpected and we are investigating this issue. Note that this issue only affects the "auto-complete" feature, but the search will work.

However, for now the content in the Public Data Catalog is English-only (English Wikipedia and open public data such as Worldbank, Data.gov, etc.) so we only have very limited number of datasets returned for non-English queries.

We are adding new datasets every month, if you have any suggestion, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Jean-Sébastien

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:01 AM
  • Thank you, Jean.

I hope Japanese Wikipedia in the Public Data Catalog.

Regards,
    Yoshihiro Kawabata

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:27 AM