none
MDT to SCCM Integration

Question

• Can someone explain to me exactly what clicking on the 'Configure ConfigMgr Integration' actually does on the SCCM servers. I need to be able to explain this before I am allowed to actually do it.

I know the results of it as I have done it in a virtual test bed but what does it actually technically do on the SCCM side of things?

This would be MDT 2010 to SCCM 2007 SP1

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:31 AM

Answers

• The integration does two things:

1.  It compiles a MOF to add additional task sequence actions to the ConfigMgr database.

2.  It copies DLLs into the local ConfigMgr console install directory for the additional MDT wizards and task sequence actions.

The second part needs to be done on each console.

-Michael Niehaus
     Senior Software Development Engineer
     mniehaus@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:47 PM

All replies

• The Configure ConfigMgr Integration extends the ConfigMgr Console with additional menus and task sequence templates for OS Deployment.

MDT 2010 supports ConfigMgr 2007 SP1 fine, but please note that you need ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 if you want to deploy Windows 7 using ConfigMgr 2007.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

We are deploying Vista so R2 not an issue yet.

So that is all it does to the SCCM servers nothing else? That should make it easier to convince people to let me do it then.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:00 AM
  • The integration does two things:

1.  It compiles a MOF to add additional task sequence actions to the ConfigMgr database.

2.  It copies DLLs into the local ConfigMgr console install directory for the additional MDT wizards and task sequence actions.

The second part needs to be done on each console.

-Michael Niehaus
     Senior Software Development Engineer
     mniehaus@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:47 PM