none
GPO setting for OneDrive For Business?

Question

• Here's the situation:

• 6000 users already have Lync 2013 (Office 365)
    • 6000 users already have Office 2013 ProPlus
    • Some of these users have OneDrive For Biz installed, but not configured.
    • We are now to the point where we want to give OneDrive to everyone and sync it to their Office 365 account

When someone launches OneDrive for the first time, they are required to click the sync button. When they click this it activates and adds a "OneDrive @ CompanyName" folder in Windows Explorer.  How do I deploy OneDrive with it pre-configured so the user doesn't have to click "Sync?"  Is there a GPO?  Can I add something to a deployment package?

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• We are having the same issue. When we deploy an image through SCCM, the onedrive software is on there, but when the user launches it the first time, they have to put their Onedrive URL into a box and click sync. Many of our users have difficulty in doing so and would like to find a solution to this by allowing it to autoconfigure with the users credentials as we have SSO accross the board in our orginization.

Any help would great

Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:19 PM
  • At least my users don't need to know their URL.  I have a GPO to set UseOnlineContent = 2 and this presets it for them in my environment.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet]

"UseOnlineContent"=dword:00000002

I'm not sure why this is set under "14" since I am using Office 2013.  It works.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my knowledge, Group policy can’t help us change this.

As far as I know, we need to click the Sync button manually the first time to sync libraries, and OneDrive for Business will handle it automatically the next time when we are connected to the SharePoint site. 

Regarding this question, in order to get better help, we can also ask for more suggestions in the following forum.

Office Forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/homeTechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:40 AM
  • Hi,

It's been a while. How is the issue? If you need further assitance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:54 PM