none
System Repair Disc Failure - Incorrect Parameter 0x80070057

Question

• SBS 2011 Essentials.  Trying to create a System Repair Disc via Start-All Programs-Maintenance-"Create a System Repair Disc".  

A blank CD is in the internal burner, drive D:\

The burner works fine, and I did a couple of test burns.

Getting error:

System Repair Disc could not be created.  The parameter is incorrect. (0x080070057).

This is on an evaluation version of SBS 2011 Essentials (which shouldn't matter), and I am trying to confirm that a bare metal restore actually works.  So far, it has been an epic fail!  

Or is there some other way to initiate a bare metal recovery that doesn't involve the System Repair Disc?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Stan:

Have you tried a DVD instead of a CD?

I have not seen the dl for the trial.  What format is it?  If ISO you can make a DVD from it in another computer.

I found a link from Grey Lancaster that said "any same version Windows DVD would repair Windows".... ymmv.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Stan:

Have you tried a DVD instead of a CD?

I have not seen the dl for the trial.  What format is it?  If ISO you can make a DVD from it in another computer.

I found a link from Grey Lancaster that said "any same version Windows DVD would repair Windows".... ymmv.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:30 AM
  • If you are running encryption software such as TRUECRYPT or BOXENCRYPTOR you will have to unmount your volumes as having them mounted interferes with the creation of the system repair disc.  Once dismounted, you should be able to create the repair disc and then remount your encrypted volumes.
    • Proposed as answer by soho11 Monday, June 23, 2014 10:43 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 10:43 PM