none
Process for applying 2012 SP1 CU4 to a PowerPivot installation

Question

• Ever since installing SQL 2012 SP1 CU4, I've had issues with my PowerPivot for SharePoint data refresh.  I've got a WFE and the SQL server machine that is running PowerPivot.  I've applied CU4 to both, and performed IIS resets on both.  Note, I'm running SharePoint 2010.

Whenever I try to manage the data refresh schedule in a PowerPivot gallery, I get an error.  Looking in the logs, I see information that the "local IMBI version number is not in sync with bits on the machine".  I also see a message "Comparing two versions: ver1 is 11.0.3000.0 Ver2 is 11.0.3368.0"

The version numbers seem to indicate SQL 2012 RTM and the CU4 release number.  I can't figure out what I need to do in order to get the most recent version deployed. 

I've followed some forum posts and tried to re-deploy the PowerPivot farm solution, but this didn't seem to have an effect (unless I'm doing it wrong).

Is there a prescriptive guidance for what to do to update a PowerPivot for SharePoint instance to CU4?

Henry

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:59 PM

Answers

All replies