none
Launch App-V packaged from .net application

Question

• Hi,

in my environment, a user cannot start his app-v applications by simply clicking on the desktop shortcuts, because of a dashboard application, which is used as main interface.

I need to offer the app-v applications, the user is authorized to use, inside the dashboard.

How can i retrieve the autorizes app-v applications from my dashboard app ?

By evaluating the xml-file from the management server ?

how can i pass then the app-v informations to the app-v client in order to start the Ap-v Application ?

Any help would be extrem helpful.

KR

CBL

-

Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The App-V server will only present applications to a user - which they are allowed to see.

I am not certain what you are attempting todo, but it sounds like you are asking to build a product - which does the exact same thing as the App-V Management Server (and if 5.0.. publishing server) ?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Where does the dashboard application normally grab applications from? Why would you need to treat App-V apps differently to installed apps?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:54 PM