none
calling a sproc - error with start element and namespace???

Question

• Hi

I have a wcf-custom send port configured to write the values in my xml schema to my database (by calling a sproc).
    When I drop a flat file into my input folder the file is picked up and passed through my orchestration.
    I profile my sql server and can see the stored procedure being executed however all the parameters are NULL.

The error message...
    The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "My Send Port" with URL "mssql://myserver//mydb?".
    It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port.
    Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderParsingException: The start element with name "Root" and namespace "http://My___col.col_Schema" was unexpected. Please ensure that your input XML conforms to the schema for the operation.

I've searched the Internet for an answer. Other people have had similar issues but none that relate to what seems to be the problem I have.

I'm one small step to getting to the point where my application will (hopefully!) work. Please help!!

Thanks

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:55 PM

Answers

• The pipeline in the send port validates that the sent message follows the destination schema (i.e. stored procedure). Are you missing a map somewhere?

Troubleshooting tips

Get the message that is "sent" to your send port from the BizTalk admin console

Save it into xml file

Go back to visual studio

Right click on the schema of your stored procedure and select properties

Enter the path of the xml file into the Input Instance File name in the Property Grid

Right click on the schema of the SP

Click on validate instance

Ahmed is an independent consultant in Ottawa, Canada specialized in .NET, Biztalk, WCF, WPF, TFS and other Microsoft technologies.

Blog: http://lajak.wordpress.com

Twitter: ahmedalasaad

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:06 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:57 PM
  • Hi

I did actually come across those articles but they aren't the same scenarios as mine.

I have created 10 applications all using the same logic. All work fine apart from this one.
    I even deleted and re-created the app (from scratch) but get the same issue. It's very strange!

I'm stuck and don't know what else to try.

Any help, as always, very much appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:48 PM
  • I should have added that if I change the send port so that it writes a file to the local disk then it works fine.

The only difference between the wcf-custom and file send ports are:

1. the adapter (which works fine for all my other apps).
    2. the stored procedure I call but this is a simple insert statement and works if I manually submit values.

Totally confused.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:01 PM
  • The pipeline in the send port validates that the sent message follows the destination schema (i.e. stored procedure). Are you missing a map somewhere?

Troubleshooting tips

Get the message that is "sent" to your send port from the BizTalk admin console

Save it into xml file

Go back to visual studio

Right click on the schema of your stored procedure and select properties

Enter the path of the xml file into the Input Instance File name in the Property Grid

Right click on the schema of the SP

Click on validate instance

Ahmed is an independent consultant in Ottawa, Canada specialized in .NET, Biztalk, WCF, WPF, TFS and other Microsoft technologies.

Blog: http://lajak.wordpress.com

Twitter: ahmedalasaad

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:06 PM
  • Yes this has shown an error. So now I can look at why this happening.

Thank you.

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:10 PM