none
how to creat auto-reply rule in exchange 2007

Question

• hi all,

i useing exchange 2007.

how to creat auto reply rule with transport rule.. but i don't use out off ofice rule..
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:24 AM

Answers

•  

Dear customer:

From your post, you can try the following methods to achieve your goal:

1.     In Exchange Management Console, Go to Organization Configuration---Hub Transport. On the Right pane select “Transport Rules”

2.     Create a New Transport Rule, Lets name it as auto reply Rule, Under Conditions for Step1 select “sent to people”

3.     Click people, add the user that you want to apply the rule for it, and click on Next

4.     Under the Actions Step1 select “Send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code”

5.     Under Step2 select the underlined “delivery not authorized, message refused”, a new window for bounce message opens

6.     Under the Bounce Message type in the message which you want to send to end-user, click on OK and then Next

7.     Ignore the exceptions and click on Next

8.     Click on New.

9.     Check the effect.

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:53 AM

All replies

•  

Dear customer:

From your post, you can try the following methods to achieve your goal:

1.     In Exchange Management Console, Go to Organization Configuration---Hub Transport. On the Right pane select “Transport Rules”

2.     Create a New Transport Rule, Lets name it as auto reply Rule, Under Conditions for Step1 select “sent to people”

3.     Click people, add the user that you want to apply the rule for it, and click on Next

4.     Under the Actions Step1 select “Send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code”

5.     Under Step2 select the underlined “delivery not authorized, message refused”, a new window for bounce message opens

6.     Under the Bounce Message type in the message which you want to send to end-user, click on OK and then Next

7.     Ignore the exceptions and click on Next

8.     Click on New.

9.     Check the effect.

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

Monday, June 30, 2008 2:53 AM
  • thank you for your helps..
    Monday, June 30, 2008 8:21 AM
  • Rock,

I had followed those steps, but I can't get any of auto-reply message back to sender. What should I check next?

Thank you.

Eric

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:38 AM
  • cccccccdd
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:45 PM
  • I have tried this mehod and we do get a autoresponse, but the message is not delivered to the exchange mailbox.

Any thoughts 
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:47 PM
  • This Method is not working probably m because it send the

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists

thanks

Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Any updates ?

Facing the same problem. Thanks

Monday, July 12, 2010 6:40 AM
  • I can see how this rule is useful but I am seeing that the original message is not delivered to the recipient mailbox. Is there another rule other than "send bounce message to sender with enhaced status code" That will send a reply message to a sender and still deliver to the intended mailbox?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Did you have a win on this one?

I did eventually, by doing the following:

activated Autoreply in Exchange 2007

set up an Outlook rule in the target mailbox with server side rule to reply with a Outlook template to ALL incoming email

set up a Transport rule as per Rock Wang above, with the addition of forwarding the email to the target mailbox as well

For some reason in seems to work!!

Process appears to be:

Email arrives addressed to target Distribution group

gets forwarded to target mailbox

mailbox replies with Outlook template (it does seem to take a minute to do this)

For some reason the Bounce email message isn't sent.

If anyone can see an issue with doing it this way, PLEASE let me know!!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:28 AM
  • Dear Rock ,

If i would like to make this reply message for all in the Exchange server what can i do .

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:28 AM