none
Forms and windows authentication

Question

• Hi,

I'm using Windows Authentication and forms authentication for our SharePoint site (Extranet). I want to introduce a button on

FBA login page for internal users (Domain users) to authenticate and make it only visible for them and not for FBA users. How can I do this? Anyone with a code example?

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Adem,

i do agree with you as the simple solutions may not easy to be get.

as my workaround is to put options, so that users may do select, how they would like to be authenticated. then i hope the design may least your worries a little, or perhaps you can create anonymous user authentication maybe.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    For this issue, I’m trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.
    Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Hi Adem Terzi,

please help us to describe more of the project that you would like to achieve.

i am a little bit confused, as there is a button in the login page, or this button is at other page, that after user login, it detemined to be active or not active?

there for i would like to clarify,

1. FBA login page

2. make the FBA login page to be shown to only the FBA users?

if my understanding is correct, for the second request, seems it is not possible, because in order an account is a fba users and not, we need to check their login.

as default, users may select how they would like to be authenticate,

but we can also create a mixed authentication method, here is the example: http://spautomaticsignin.codeplex.com/

http://aspadvice.com/blogs/rjdudley/archive/2005/03/10/2562.aspx

Regards,
    Aries

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi Aries,

The button is at the custom FBA login page. This button should allow Internal users with a username promt (Site administrators of the company) also be authenticate on the site. So the question was whether it was possible to hide the button for when fba users request the login page and display it when domain users are requesting.

But as I understand it, it seems that there are no simple solutions exists for this.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:46 AM
  • Hi Adem,

i do agree with you as the simple solutions may not easy to be get.

as my workaround is to put options, so that users may do select, how they would like to be authenticated. then i hope the design may least your worries a little, or perhaps you can create anonymous user authentication maybe.

Regards,
    Aries

Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:02 PM