none
Want to manipulate Report Header Repetition contained in tablix, placed as row group header. Repetition on subsequent pages (Hide/Show) must be controlled by a parameter

Question

• I have tried below approaches:
    1) Placing Report header in Page Header, but this will result in persistent space in header when I hide Report Header on subsequent pages. For this I have used GLobal PageNumber variable and I can toggle header using condition in Hidden property. For eg. if(Global!PageNumber >1,true,false) so it will show header only on first page and hide it in subsequent pages. But on subsequent pages it will trail empty spaces in header which looks ugly.

2) Placing Report Header in Row Group Header and keeping RepeatOnPageHeader, KeepWithGroupAfter and FixedData to true will repeat the report header on every page but now I cannot hide for specific (Say No. 2) Page.

3) Calculating Row number option is not feasible for my page as size of row and design is dynamic and cannot be fixed at design time.

Please help me.

Friday, November 01, 2013 6:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi bhattshreyans,

From your description, you want to manipulate the visibility of report header on subsequent pages. In Reporting Service, just as you said, we can’t use the last two methods which you tested to achieve your requirement. As to the first method, once we add a page header, the space for the page header is reserved on each page no matter the content in the page header is hidden or not. Items on subsequent pages will start below the reserved space. This is by design. However, it seems that this method is the best workaround for you based on my research.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Hi Katherine Xiong,

Thanks for replying and suggesting the right method for my task.

Is there a workaround possible to modify the height of Page header for omitting the empty spaces on subsequent pages? By modifying the background xml using custom code or so?

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Hi bhattshreyans,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

In Reporting Services, we can set the Height property of the Page header to modify the height of Page header, but we cannot only adjust the empty spaces on subsequent pages. Once we degrade this height, the all height of page header will be reduced. I’m sorry that I haven’t find a workaround to omit the empty spaces on subsequent pages.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:34 PM