none
User cannot send meeting requests to groupwise

Question

• Hi,

We have a user who is not able to send to meeting requests to recipients on a groupwise server.  When he sends the meeting request, the recipient only receives a blank message with the subject as the meeting subject.

We are running Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2010 (I realize this is the 2013 forum, but did not see a 2010 forum).  The version of groupwise is either groupwise 8 or 2012, but unknown for sure.  

When the user uses OWA, the meeting request sends fine.  When he sends from Outlook on his computer or any other computer, he experiences the issue.  He is the only one in the organization who is experiencing this.

His outlook under Calendar of "When sending meeting requests outside of your organization, use the iCalendar format" is checked.  We have tried this both checked and unchecked.

We also deleted and created his mail profile.  As mentioned above, this happens with any version of outlook.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:55 PM

All replies

• I'm amazed that anyone still has working Groupwise servers.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

You can try two solutions in this link:

https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL68002

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Thanks Kent.  I'm unfortunately in meetings all day, but will look at this this evening. 

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

You can try two solutions in this link:

https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL68002

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Hi Kent,

Our exchange server was already set to "Determined by individual user setting".  On the user, it was set to "Not Set".  I changed the user to False and asked him to retry.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:54 PM
  • I'm amazed that anyone still has working GroupWise servers.

I'm not amazed.  I see it all over the place.  It run circles around Exchange on 64-bit Linux servers at a fraction of the cost.  I even have done migrations from Exchange to GroupWise 2012 this year.  You must be stuck in a Microsoft bubble.  So sad.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 11:09 PM
  • Thanks GWGuruMan,

That was incredibly insightful into the issue I am trying to resolve.  We'll just overhaul our entire messaging infrastructure for this one user issue.  As for being stuck in a "Microsoft Bubble" as you put it, this is a Microsoft forum... go figure.

If anyone has any further useful suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Chris,

As possible fixes to this issue....

Enable at a per-server level: 
    Get-Mailbox "<messaging_server_name>" | Set-MailboxCalendarSettings –ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $true

Enable at a per-user level:
    Set-MailboxCalendarSettings –ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $true "<user_name>"

• Edited by GWGuruMan Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:47 PM grammer fix
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Thanks,

However the issue is sending to a GW server.  This appears to be for receiving Cal Reqs.  "The ProcessExternalMeetingMessages parameter specifies whether to process meeting requests that originate outside the Exchange organization. If set to $false, meeting requests that originate outside of the organization are rejected. Valid input for this parameter is $true or $false."

Anything you can think of that would be effected from the GW side?

Chris

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:27 PM
  • On the GroupWise side.  Make sure they have the latest code running for the back-end agents of GWIA, MTA, POA.

For GroupWise 8 it should be version 8.0 Service Pack 3 Hot Patch 3 dated April 2013.

For GroupWise 2012 it should be version 12.0 Service Pack 2 dated March 2013.

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:35 PM