none
BizTalk Server 2010 ... hrErr=c0c0282b; Msg=The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)

Question

• With BizTalk Server 2010 running on Windows Server 2008 and accessing SQLServer 2008, we got in the BizTalk Server Configuration wizard the 'Enterprise SSO' and 'Groups' configured (green checkboxes) but the 'BizTalk Runtime' was problematic (red X).  In the wizard Log File, saw:

AdminLib GetBTSMessage: hrErr=c0c0282b; Msg=The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) may not be configured correctly.  Ensure that the MSDTC service is running and DTC network access is allowed on the BizTalk, SQL and SSO Master servers.  For more information, see "MSDTC Configuration settings required for BizTalk Server" in the BizTalk Server Help.

Internal error: "New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ";

I tried most of the relevant tips in Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC

The privileged account we were running did not have access to the msdtc\logs dir, though.

Was wondering if you’ve ever seen it or have any tips ...

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have also tried revelant settings for MSDTC and used DTCPing and DTCTest, see my post BizTalk and MSDTC.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:31 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Please Ensure any changes have been made on SQL Server? Any upgrades or patches might change the DTC settings.

Do the simple DTC Pings. 

Try re-installing the DTC  component if nothing works

Racha Rams
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have also tried revelant settings for MSDTC and used DTCPing and DTCTest, see my post BizTalk and MSDTC.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:31 PM
  • I don't have access to the Windows Server 2008 box right now.  But I remember seeing either this very post or a similar one last week.  Yes, the 'Local DTC Properties' properties were exactly as they are screenshot in your post.
    I paid particular attention to 'Transacton Manager Communication' ... I tried opening our Windows OS's C:\windows\system32\msdtc (or whatever the Log info is set to) and I got an access denied.  Next time I'm able to, I'll try those DTCping, etc. utilities.
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Please Ensure any changes have been made on SQL Server? Any upgrades or patches might change the DTC settings.

Do the simple DTC Pings. 

Try re-installing the DTC  component if nothing works

Racha Rams
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:51 PM