none
DTExec: Could not import the configuration file

Question

• I have checked with the previously posted threads on this but not helped.

Issue with pacakge developed in SQL 2012

When executed using batch file from cmd the following error is thrown and not able to fix it.

"DTExec: Could not import the configuration file C:\Cycle\RIM_Config.config."

any help ?

Thanks !

--------------------------- Radhai Krish | Golden Age is no more far | --------------------------

Friday, September 06, 2013 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi all ! Thanks for replying!

As you can note it in my given command the file name extension is wrong. i.e. the config file will have the extension " .dtsconfig " and i did give as " .config " which was the problem. And after correcting it I was able to successfully execute the package using BAT file.

With Warm Wishes,

--------------------------- Radhai Krish | Golden Age is no more far | --------------------------

Saturday, September 07, 2013 6:34 AM

All replies

• I guess the config file is in a location not accessible (security-wise) by the account executing the BAT file.

Arthur My Blog

Friday, September 06, 2013 1:56 PM
  • I guess the config file is in a location not accessible (security-wise) by the account executing the BAT file.

Arthur My Blog

Hi Arthur,

My login has the admin rights. And I guess BAT will use the same as I am executing it from my login only.

Could you please help me any way ?

Thanks !

Friday, September 06, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Do you point to a share?

There are still issues with them unless you use the UNC naming convention. E.g. //servername/sharename

Arthur My Blog

Friday, September 06, 2013 3:24 PM
  • What exactly is the DTEXEC command you executed?

Friday, September 06, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Hi all ! Thanks for replying!

As you can note it in my given command the file name extension is wrong. i.e. the config file will have the extension " .dtsconfig " and i did give as " .config " which was the problem. And after correcting it I was able to successfully execute the package using BAT file.

With Warm Wishes,

Saturday, September 07, 2013 6:34 AM