none
Error: the RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba

Question

• I have a domain controller that is also a CA running Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1.

Any attempt to enroll a certificate remotely fails, with; “Error: the RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba (WIN: 1722)”

The only thing I can think of that has changed the firmware on the network and iLO; which are in the same port. The server is a HP DL320 G6. All other commination is working.

I checked the security setting in COM security, the setting are correct. The members of the group Users are correct.

Any other ideas?

Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you should check if you can ping the server with his Windows hostname and with the fully qualified name. Also check if the firewall is activated or not.

If you run the ping it is not important to see replies, but for both pings you should see that it is pinging the same IP address. And that IP address must be the IP of your CA server. Run the ping from the same machine where you see the 1722 error and from one other machine as well (as verification).

Then run certutil.exe -ping Windowshostname and certutil -ping fqdn from those machines as well. If okay you should see this:

Connecting to  ...
    Server "yourCAname" ICertRequest2 interface is alive
    CertUtil: -ping command completed successfully.

Regards,

Lutz

• Marked as answer by Carl M5646813 Friday, August 09, 2013 4:18 PM
    Friday, August 09, 2013 1:11 AM

All replies