Windows 8.1 Release Preview Macbook Pro no sound

Question

• Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I have a mid 2012 Macbook Pro and I've installed the release preview of Windows 8.1, and for the life of me I can't get the sound to work.  I've installed the latest boot camp drivers, I've tried every permutation of sound card drivers but to no avail.

My first question, has anyone else done this and have they got sound working?

Second question (more to Microsoft), why in gods name do you not just support the Apple hardware out of the box!?  There should be minimal faff, none of this pain.  It's not completely unreasonable to want to install Windows on Apple hardware, the iron is often better than most others in a laptop form factor, and I'd much prefer to run the latest Windows variant on my Mac hardware, because in several real-world business use cases Windows is just superior in every way.

It's quite annoying that just because I decided to buy Apple hardware I'm now being punished for it!

Anyway hopefully someone equally as loony has attempted this and got the audio working, and if so please share the steps you took to do it.  Similarly if I get it working I will post it on this thread.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:09 PM

Answers