I have created a new domain with 2 domain controllers 2008R2
Then created a 2008R2 server(running on VMware), where i installed Exchange 2013, and after that installed CU1, also applied all windows updates available.
My problem is in Event Viewer System, I get this error several times each hour.
The Windows Process Activation Service failed to generate an application pool config file for application pool 'MSExchangeRpcProxyAppPool'. The error type is '7'. To resolve this issue, please ensure that the applicationhost.config file is correct and recommit the last configuration changes made. The data field contains the error number.
The application pool, changes between these:
I also get this once a hour.
The Microsoft Exchange Transport service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart the service) after the unexpected termination of the Microsoft Exchange Transport service, but this action failed with the following error:
An instance of the service is already running.
Hope someone can help
Please try the solution on this technet article
- Test ApplicationHost.config by using Appcmd.exe
- Back up the ApplicationHost.config file
- Make required changes to ApplicationHost.config
For second error message，
- In Server options, set the internal & external DNS lookup to internal and external DNS server addresses.
- On the receive connectors for the Exchange 2013 server, scope to only the address of the Exchange 2013 server.
- On the Send connectors for the internet, mark the option to use the external DNS lookup addresses.
- Reboot the server.
For the last error message
- Open the Services snap-in by clicking the Start button,
Control Panel, and Administrative Tools, then double-clicking
Note: For Windows Vista, use the Classic View display option in Control Panel to see the Administration Tools.
- In the details pane of the Services snap-in, right-click on the name of the service you want to stop and select Properties.
- Click the Recovery tab and specify the recovery actions for the service (for example, restart the service or the computer, take no action, or run a program).
Hope those will help
TechNet Community Support
Thanks for the reply, I hope the last past will solve
But the first I have tried before, and i cannot finde
any error in the ApplicationHost.config, its just list the hole file when I
type "appcmd list config".<o:p></o:p>
Any other solution?<o:p></o:p>
See the description
- At the command prompt, type appcmd list config. The command should either return an error or successfully display the entire ApplicationHost.config file.
- If there are no errors, the XML and configuration in the file are valid; you may stop here.
TechNet Community Support