none
Event ID 1055 Group Policy Not Applying

    Question

  • I have a Windows 8.1 laptop that will not apply group policy settings. I have done gpupdate /force and various other steps... The policies are applying properly because other laptops in the OU work perfectly fine (The rest are Windows Vista/7 though). However, the policies are not OS specific. The "My Documents" folder is redirected to a network drive if that matters. 

    Based on the Event ID 1055 it is supposed to be DNS related, but the settings appear fine... They are set to automatically configure.

    The laptop is connected to a Domain and this error occurs when Wireless connected to the Domain. 


    Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

    Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:30 PM

Answers

  • I figured out the problem, gpupdate /sync actually fixed the problem for some reason...

    Thank you Michael


    Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

    • Marked as answer by Lewis Renwick Friday, July 25, 2014 10:01 PM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 10:01 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Have you checked this article?

    Event ID 1055 — Group Policy Preprocessing (Security)

    Take a try with the suggestions mentioned and let us know the process.

    Best regards


    Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, July 25, 2014 10:04 AM
    Moderator
  • I did check out that article already and I am still having the same issue.

    I also have a warning Error 1112, but that is probably due to gpupdate /force not working. Since that is the recommended resolution.

    As for the Event ID 1055, I have 2 Domain Controllers and I noticed that this computer is attempting to connect to DC2 but in Active Directory it is listed under DC1 and should be communicating with DC1 not DC2.

    Currently, it is in the "building" with DC2, would that be the issue? it shouldn't since DC1 and DC2 are all apart of the same network.


    Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

    Friday, July 25, 2014 5:58 PM
  • I figured out the problem, gpupdate /sync actually fixed the problem for some reason...

    Thank you Michael


    Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

    • Marked as answer by Lewis Renwick Friday, July 25, 2014 10:01 PM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 10:01 PM