none
Internet explorer crashing

Question

•  I power on the computer, I can enter the password to login, after I hit enter the next thing i get is a black screen.  The start screen does not come up.  How do i fix this problem?  I am using windows 8

Friday, August 29, 2014 5:22 PM

All replies

•  I power on the computer, I can enter the password to login, after I hit enter the next thing i get is a black screen.  The start screen does not come up.  How do i fix this problem?

Friday, August 29, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Duplicate post

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Hi 

Can you boot into safe mode?

When you login and you press CTRL Shift ESC does it bring up the task manager?

Can you start explorer.exe?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:34 PM
  • Hi,

How about your problem now? Generally speaking, this problem caused by Explorer.exe process doesn't startup or crashed, you can follow ED's suggestion to check and create a new explorer.exe process for test.

In addition, this problem probably caued by app start with syste, you can try to disable them for test if the problem persists.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:20 AM