none
User Name Or Password Incorrect

Question

•  I hav a Windows 2008 R2 server and Wyse X90L XP Embedded thin clients

When I setup the Windows 2008 with Remote Desktop  I was not able able to  connect the Thin client.   Its connect server but when I log in TC using RD that time USER Name OR Password Incorrect appearing during the login.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:48 AM

Answers

• username or password incorrect indicates the username and password did not match.

Common causes for this include typing mistakes, wrong keyboard settings, wrong domain selection, ...

I would start by checking the keyboard settings and making sure you have rigth domain, userr and password. 

I don't know the specifics of your device, but a lot of those thin clients have local configuration for locales (keyboard, language, timesettings). Check those settings.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Check whether TC can accept and respond to RDP connections and also provide correct user name and password to login. 

Prajwal Desai, http://prajwaldesai.com

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posting in Windows Server Forum.

Do you have issue with all user ID or specific user?

From your post it seems that you are not able to connect with remote session. Firstly please check the event log, whether you find anything useful over there. Another point, when you are trying to login to your server through remote desktop, please use “Domainname\username” and check the result. 

In addition please check that the user has sufficient privileges for login access. 

Hope it helps! 

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Friday, February 28, 2014 2:29 AM

All replies

• username or password incorrect indicates the username and password did not match.

Common causes for this include typing mistakes, wrong keyboard settings, wrong domain selection, ...

I would start by checking the keyboard settings and making sure you have rigth domain, userr and password. 

I don't know the specifics of your device, but a lot of those thin clients have local configuration for locales (keyboard, language, timesettings). Check those settings.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Check whether TC can accept and respond to RDP connections and also provide correct user name and password to login. 

Prajwal Desai, http://prajwaldesai.com

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posting in Windows Server Forum.

Do you have issue with all user ID or specific user?

From your post it seems that you are not able to connect with remote session. Firstly please check the event log, whether you find anything useful over there. Another point, when you are trying to login to your server through remote desktop, please use “Domainname\username” and check the result. 

In addition please check that the user has sufficient privileges for login access. 

Hope it helps! 

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Friday, February 28, 2014 2:29 AM