none
SharePoint2010 Foundation Server and IIS 7.0 FTP site.

Question

• Dear Experts,

I am having one scenario where i have SharePoint 2010 Foundation Server (SP1) on Windows Server 2008 R2 along with SQL Server 2012.

Now my requirements are as following.

I have already FTP Server exists on my IIS server where all the users are dumping files from intranet.

Now files which are being dumped from Intranet are varying in the size of 20 KB to max 5GB.

Now I want to integrate this FTP site in to the SharePoint 2010 Foundation Server document library.

So that any files which are in larger size for uploading where it cross limits if 2GB for SharePoint foundation server can also uploaded through FTP services and then it will be added in to document library of SharePoint  for accessing it.

From internet i have read about RBS functionality integrated with SQL Server FILE STREAM Folder and then you can easily upload big files in to SharePoint document library.

Now in this scenario FILESTREAM has folder which will be shared folder where big files will be dumped from SharePoint. Now what if i will assign this same folder(MSSQLSERVER) for FTP site where FTP users can dump files through FTP and then they can able to see this files in Document Library. Is it possible way.

If not then what is best way to achieve it since scope of project where client is quite reluctant to leave FTP and complete move to RBS so hence looking for some expert advice here.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Nirav Joshi

Nirav.J05@gmail.com

Regards, Nirav Joshi

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:58 AM

Answers

• RBS/FILESTREAM has a 2GB limitation.  Metalogix is the only company I'm aware of that has a product that can allow you to exceed the 2GB limitation.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Nirav_Joshi Friday, July 26, 2013 5:06 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• RBS/FILESTREAM has a 2GB limitation.  Metalogix is the only company I'm aware of that has a product that can allow you to exceed the 2GB limitation.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Nirav_Joshi Friday, July 26, 2013 5:06 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Thanks Trevor for your swift response.so ib short we can only upload max pf 2gb file size in SharePoint 2010 found &server there is no tweaks to overcome it,

Regards, Nirav Joshi

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:06 PM