none
No results found

Question

• Quite often when I try to access a forum from my Threads (as I just tried right now to view the TechNet WiKi discussion forum) I get 'No results found'. I've been experiencing this error quite frequently - from 'My Threads' list I want to check one of the forums. Instead I am getting this error and have to find a complicated round about way to get to that forum.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, July 08, 2013 9:30 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• You have mentioned several different questions here.  I will try to respond to them individually.

The most likely scenario for getting the "no results are available in your language" message is when you have selected one language for your chrome (e.g., you used the language picker to choose Russian chrome) but the forum(s) you have selected are not available in the language you chose (e.g., they are all en-us forums). By default, you can only view the contents of forums that are in the same language as your current chrome.  However, if you choose "All Languages" from the thread filter it removes that restriction and enables you to see threads from any language in your current chrome.

Also, when you have selected one language for your chrome, and you try to view a thread that's in a different language, the breadcrumb at the top of the thread page is hidden.  If your chrome matches the language of the thread, then the breadcrumb is visible.  The absence of the breadcrumb when the chrome and thread languages don't match is a known issue and we're working to fix that.

Regarding achievements for translated content published in the wiki, I'm afraid that's not supported.  As noted in your other post where you quoted a person named Bruno, you can gain achievements for translating library topics that are multi-lingual enabled.  However there is no similar program for translated content published in the TechNet Wiki.

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:55 AM
    Administrator

All replies

• To be precise, this is the exact text of the error I am getting

"No results were found in your language. To view the content in all languages click HERE or select ‘All Languages’ from the filter drop down."

I also have a suggestion - please add forum (and parent forum) when viewing a thread, this way I would be able to easily jump to the forum this way.

I tried a few times again to go to that TechNet Discussion forum to no avail. How can I find this forum now, I need to ask a question about WiKi.

Since I am writing this post anyway, I'll ask here - I wanted to find a recent article by Carsten S about Plagiarism to propose it to Featured Articles list. I searched by the word 'Plagiarism' but didn't find that article. I then checked the activity of Carsten, but it's not there already.

So, I am unable to find that article.

And the reason for my search for that article is that we have a user in TechNet WiKi who is creating lots of new articles with plagiarism. I reported him a few times already to fissues (and other forums officials) and I didn't get a response and the user is still there.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, July 08, 2013 9:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Is this the Wiki article?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18404.plagiarism-at-technet-wiki-first-empirical-data-and-analysis.aspx

There are efforts in this area, but I suspect they would not make it public.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:10 AM
  • The user got banned according to email I received. Thanks, I added this article into Nomination.

I am also wondering if I can get some achievements for my translation of the article?

How exactly am I supposed to do it? I created it as a new article in Russian WiKi, but linked my original.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:32 AM
    Answerer
  • This can be a symptom of a problem with branding, e.g. a need to insert a level of host name into your URL in the Address bar (or similarly remove one), so I can imagine that when you have a mix of languages to deal with you could be seeing a similar problem from that part of the URL in the Address bar too.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Yes, Naomi, I see that as well now (in the last day). I believe they were attempting to contact the person first, but the user now has no activities. Next step would be to delete the articles. There is also an effort there.

Regarding credit for translations, I'm no expert, but have you seen this Wiki:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3863.microsoft-translator-widget-and-wiki.aspx

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:30 PM
  • I will need to look later into this

For now I translated my own article (I was also thinking of translating my new 'Ideas and Suggestions' article and also may be Dynamic Pivot for multiple columns article). This will be quite a complex task as I am using translit.ru and typing in English. 

I also today made several corrections in bad translations of the original articles. They seem like automatic translations.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:02 PM
    Answerer
  • You have mentioned several different questions here.  I will try to respond to them individually.

The most likely scenario for getting the "no results are available in your language" message is when you have selected one language for your chrome (e.g., you used the language picker to choose Russian chrome) but the forum(s) you have selected are not available in the language you chose (e.g., they are all en-us forums). By default, you can only view the contents of forums that are in the same language as your current chrome.  However, if you choose "All Languages" from the thread filter it removes that restriction and enables you to see threads from any language in your current chrome.

Also, when you have selected one language for your chrome, and you try to view a thread that's in a different language, the breadcrumb at the top of the thread page is hidden.  If your chrome matches the language of the thread, then the breadcrumb is visible.  The absence of the breadcrumb when the chrome and thread languages don't match is a known issue and we're working to fix that.

Regarding achievements for translated content published in the wiki, I'm afraid that's not supported.  As noted in your other post where you quoted a person named Bruno, you can gain achievements for translating library topics that are multi-lingual enabled.  However there is no similar program for translated content published in the TechNet Wiki.

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:55 AM
    Administrator
  • I am using English as my language. Now, from 'My Threads' I have one thread which is in Russian forum (you can view my threads, it's the third item in the list presently). I want to be able to click on the forum's name from that list and be able to view that forum's threads. Right now I am getting that error. If I click on 'All languages' after clicking on that link I am able to access it, but it's an extra click.

In regards to translation someone from Russian forum said (in this thread) that I need to copy the article with the same title as in English into Russian WiKi and then I will get translation points. I tried it last night and it didn't work. So, I suspect you're right - can you please give me a link to some library topic I can translate into Russian? Will I publish it as I currently publish WiKi articles or there is a different process?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, July 19, 2013 2:58 PM
    Answerer