none
Unable to deploy cloud service: Compute.ConstrainedAllocationFailed

Question

• I'm having problems deploying my cloud service to Azure this week.  It worked fine last week, but this week ... it doesn't.  It doesn't matter whether I try to deploy out of the TFS build service or manually from Visual Studio, the result is the same:

Allocation failed; unable to satisfy constraints in request. The requested new service deployment is bound to an Affinity Group, or it targets a Virtual Network, or there is an existing deployment under this hosted service. Any of these conditions constrains the new deployment to specific Azure resources. Please retry later or try reducing the VM size or number of role instances. Alternatively, if possible, remove the aforementioned constraints or try deploying to a different region.

As far as I know, I've not changed anything relevant here.  I'm deploying to the Staging side of my cloud service (which is hosted in West US).  There is certainly a deployment running as Production ... but that shouldn't be a problem.  Indeed, that's the point.  There is no current Staging deployment, no Affinity Group (that I know of) and no Virtual Network involved ... and the number of role instances and VM size haven't changed.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Adrian

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi Adrain,

Thanks for posting!

From error message, I guess you may deployment your project on production and staging, And your project instances cores number in staging and your deployment instances cores number is more than 20.Please check it. From my experience, when our all instances cores number is more than 20 in one subscription, this error may be shown. 

Please check it and try deployment again.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jnak/archive/2010/01/22/windows-azure-instances-storage-limits.aspx

If I am misunderstanding or you have new finding, please let me know.

Thank

Will
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Hello Will

I had checked that but, unfortunately, I only had 2 cores used at the time I got this error.

I have an open case now with PSS so we'll see what turns up from that.

I also determined that I can deploy this particular cloud app to another cloud service so it must be something to do with the particular cloud service.  More in due course ...

Adrian

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:10 AM
  • I am having the same problem and we are on US West.  We haven't added anything new.  As a matter of fact I even deleted some of our existing services thinking we might have maxed out but that didn't help.  Still getting the same error.  We were able to publish the same services yesterday without any problems.  Is there an issue with US West?
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:35 PM
  • i verified with billing support that it is not core limitation issue.  I'm waiting to here back from technical support.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:12 PM
  • Yes, it does appear to be a West US problem according to the engineer assigned to my support ticket.  They referred it to MS Operations late last night and I haven't heard anything since.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:03 PM
  • Hi Adrian & GMDeveloper,

I have escalated this thread and try to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Will
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 27, 2013 2:09 AM
  • Looks like Microsoft operations fixed something in the West US datacenter as this now appears to be working correctly for me.

Hope it doesn't happen again ...

Adrian

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:41 PM
  • I have this problem every day

now I can't publish to my demo site, but in a few days i'll try to update the production site

• Allocation failed; unable to satisfy constraints in request. The requested new service deployment is bound to an Affinity Group, or it targets a Virtual Network, or there is an existing deployment under this hosted service. Any of these conditions constrains the new deployment to specific Azure resources. Please retry later or try reducing the VM size or number of role instances. Alternatively, if possible, remove the aforementioned constraints or try deploying to a different region. The long running operation tracking ID was: bb22f50cdd3f1fe0adfc8e0c258ea8a9.

Friday, October 11, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi FortisAgro

You should open a case with Microsoft Technical Support for this.  If it's anything like my case, it was nothing to do with what I was doing, but was a problem on one of the Azure clusters.

Adrian

Friday, October 11, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Hello.

I have the same problem now with Cloud Service running in West US.

Does the same problem appear again?

Is there any workaround?

Ivan

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:46 PM
  • I am having this issue with the South Central US today. Quite frustrating!
    Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:59 PM