none
Filtering an InfoPath Form in SharePoint 2010

Question

• I'm using an InfoPath Form within SharePoint 2010 for an HR purpose (indicating Tardees/Absences/Call Offs).  I'm using several check boxes to allow the manager to select multiple reasons for the absence/tardeeness<<sp?>> as it can often turn out to be a combination of things.  The form itslef is working fine however when my HR person is viewing the submitted lists, it's pretty tough to read as it displays every single check box.  My question is this, is it possible to have my Submitted Form only display the Marked CheckBoxes and leave the unmarked CheckBoxes off of the final displayed data??

I'm getting the feeling that this is a simple task that I'm overlooking.  I'm getting the feeling that it's something that may be accomplished with a filter??

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Why just don't you use conditional formatting to hide the checkbox that are blank when the process is finish?

To do this, just right click into your control and select conditional formatting. You can put a condtion to hide only the checkbox that are not filled and only at the end of your process.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Brian Milovich Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Why just don't you use conditional formatting to hide the checkbox that are blank when the process is finish?

To do this, just right click into your control and select conditional formatting. You can put a condtion to hide only the checkbox that are not filled and only at the end of your process.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Brian Milovich Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:21 PM
  • From what I'm reading, you cannot utilize the Hide this control option in InfoPath 2010; it's grayed out.  I can utilize it on other functions within my Form however not on the CheckBoxes.

Is there a way to make only the select check boxes and data that was inputted to appear on my Submitted page?

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:00 PM