none
Appfabric Eviction

Question

• Hello

I have installed Appfabric management pack and it monitors a cache cluster consists of 4 cache nodes

I checked the counter "total memory evicted collection" it reached 300 MB, I then checked the "eviction runs" performance counter and it shows 0 all the time, I checked the total data size for the cache node and its showing 30 M.B, I cannot understand if the size is 30 MB and to high watermark is 7000 MB and the eviction runs is 0 then why the "total memory evicted collection is 300 MB, I read the article here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff921021(v=azure.10).aspx but I didn't understand this.

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Mohammad, IT NOC Team

Saturday, November 09, 2013 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Total Memory Evicted indicates the amount of memory freed from the cache since the cache service was last started. This counter also includes expired object memory. The number of eviction runs since the start of the cache service. This counter may be used in conjunction with the Total Memory Evicted counter to help troubleshoot memory issues.

Therefore, it is possible for Total memory evicted (bytes) to be non-zero even if the value of Total eviction runs is zero. This includes only primary cache memory eviction.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 15, 2013 5:37 AM