none
BIDS 2008 R2 question

Question

• Hello All,

It is the first time i post here. I have a strange situation. I was installing SQL 2008 R2 client tools on a workstation for developer and actually don't know what to do at the moment. I have an administrative account (domain admin) and was added to local admins on that PC. When i installed everything i should have to connect to my newly installed TFS 2013, i was able to open the BIDS (right click-> Run as Administrator), create a new project (SSIS) and add it to TFS. But then when i logoff and opened the VM with the user account that is going to be actually used, i am not able to see the project templates, any of them. I can't create new projects, but I am able to open existing projects. I need to find where is the problem and solve it. Reinstalling SQL Server would be the last option. Could this great community come up with an answer fast?

Thanks everybody in advance

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just re-install the shared components (BIDS) under the target account (that should be a local admin), I think the BI templates location is inaccessible to the target user due to the fact a VM was used that did not connect to AD.

Arthur My Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply, however, VM was always connected to AD and both accounts are Local Admins. I could try reinstall just the OS, but was looking for a solution without uninstall/reinstall activities.

Thanks anyway

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:32 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply, however, VM was always connected to AD and both accounts are Local Admins. I could try reinstall just the OS, but was looking for a solution without uninstall/reinstall activities.

Thanks anyway

Hi BBGary,

I would suggest you run "devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates" command via Start menu->Run to see if this helps(Please remember to close all of VS projects). 

If this issue still persists, please refer to the following article to install Business Intelligence Development Studio tool again:
    http://crmconsultancy.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/installing-visual-studio-for-sql-reporting-services-development/
    Note: This article demonstrated install SSRS BI template, but the common steps are the same)

In addition, please also "Run as Administrator" while open Business Intelligence Development Studio tool.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:30 AM