none
change users from Administrator account to user account using domain controller

Question

• good day,

In our domain controller we have around 1200 users, all these users have admin account and there is the problem.

I want to change them to a user accounts so they can not change IP address and install or uninstall programs with out our consent.

Is there a possibility to do this with the domain controller, because i don't want to go change the computers one by one. from admin account to user account.

Thank you so much

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to change the admin account to standard user account. You can try the following steps:

1. Open Control Panel, click User Accounts and then click Change your account type.
    2. On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, click the user account name, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Group Membership tab, you can choose Standard user instead of Administrator, and then click OK.

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

You mean all domain users are member of domain admins? 

If so, browse for domain admin group and remove unneeded users from that group.

Also elaborate more how come 1200 users have admin rights?

Regards, Ravikumar P

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Ravikumar. I assume what you mean is local admin rights. Since you have so many users which have local admin rights, you would have created an administrator group and add all the users to that group in Local Users and Groups of Computer Management. You can remove them from the administrator group and add them to a user group.

More information:

Local Users and Groups

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786411(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:02 AM
  • Sorry for the wrong information,

yes i mean that the local accounts are all admin accounts and i want to change this to local user account.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:33 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to change the admin account to standard user account. You can try the following steps:

1. Open Control Panel, click User Accounts and then click Change your account type.
    2. On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, click the user account name, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Group Membership tab, you can choose Standard user instead of Administrator, and then click OK.

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:18 AM