none
Active Active FileServer Clustering using Windows 2012

Question

• We want to implement a workflow where we have to a share single storage LUN to multiple hosts. There will be multiple processing units which will be working on the same folder creating different files.

For us one folder is one work item (There will be multiple of these getting created and moved all the time)

In each folder different processes run "sequentially" generating outputs based on o/p of previous process.

These processes will be running in VM environment on couple of ESX Server on Win 2012.

These ESXi server are connected to SAN storage where the folders are stored

What we would like to do is to mount each  LUN on all the VM's. This should enable each VM to see the latest status of the folders.

Thanks in advance 

Rohit

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks to all who replied. We have deiced to with combination of SAN and NAS at this point. 

Tim, Yes I have the same question going there. I thought this Forum is the right forum. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Rohit

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi, you dont say how the ESXI servers are connected to the SAN?

cant you iSCSI the LUNS directly into the 2012's OS?

James.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:46 AM
  • The ESXI servers are connected thru HBA fibre channel to SAN via SAN Switches. The iSCSI feature is not present in current storage. We can only connect LUN's directly to server having 2012 OS thru Fibre Channel.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:03 PM
  • does THIS help?
    • Edited by James Dyke Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:51 PM edit
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:48 PM
  • You have the same question going in the HA forum.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:22 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks to all who replied. We have deiced to with combination of SAN and NAS at this point. 

Tim, Yes I have the same question going there. I thought this Forum is the right forum. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Rohit

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:13 PM