ValueA

StatusB

DimensionB:

ValueC

StatusD

DimensionC:

ValueE

StatusF

Now the values from all three dimensionA,B and C should come under one column i.e StatusB,D and F must dispaly in column.I need to display all the status column in barchart in SSRS.Currently it is appearing as three different field and it do not appears in one graph.

Could you please give me idea how to get in the one column or any other approach to display in one graph???

Thanks

Chandan

Thanks Chandan

Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:20 PM

Answers

• @Shiven, thanks for your output but I don't think we can achieve this requirement follow your method. Chandan's requirement is need to combine DminsionA.Status, DminsionB.Status and DminsionC.Status attributes values into one field when design the Bar Chart in a SSRS report.

@Chandan: personally, we should create a new underlying table and then load all of your statue values into that table. So, we can create a dimension which include all of statue attribute values and then design the expected report.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 03, 2014 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Best way to do this by using SSMS & SQL Server Profiler. Open Profiler and select SSAS DB and then browse your cube in SSMS and design you data by dragging and dropping required measures and dimensions and copy MDX query from your profiler.

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Friday, January 03, 2014 4:11 AM
  • @Shiven, thanks for your output but I don't think we can achieve this requirement follow your method. Chandan's requirement is need to combine DminsionA.Status, DminsionB.Status and DminsionC.Status attributes values into one field when design the Bar Chart in a SSRS report.

@Chandan: personally, we should create a new underlying table and then load all of your statue values into that table. So, we can create a dimension which include all of statue attribute values and then design the expected report.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 03, 2014 5:48 AM
  • Hi Alvis,

your understanding is perfectly right.

ok will think in that direction.

Thanks

Chandan

Thanks Chandan

Friday, January 03, 2014 9:08 PM