none
Small Business Server 2011 Remote Desktop Gateway periodically disconnects RDP session

Question

• I have an interesting issue.  I upgraded my server from SBS 2008 to SBS 2011 recently (a virtual to virtual migration on the same host).  Previously I could use RDP to connect through the TS Gateway to any of my client machines on my SBS network.  Since upgraded I am having issues with the RD Gateway either not being available or when I do connect to a client I loose my connection periodically (can be a quick as 5 minutes) and cannot reconnect.  I have found that if I get the error for RD Gateway being unavailable I can use RWW to connect to my client machine.  If I immediately close the RWW session I can then use RDP client to directly connect to the client machine without issue.  I have also determined that if I simply access the URL for the RDP webaccess page (I don't even have to login just load the page) that I can immediately use RDP to remote into the network.  It almost seems that the RD Gateway is failing to establish a connection to the client machine when using RDP directly but when using RWW it works.  Has anybody else seen this behavior?
    Friday, September 13, 2013 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What’s the detailed error message you received while the RDP session was disconnected? Are there any related error logged in the event log?

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:50 AM