Windows 8 on ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T 32 GB?

Question

• Hi!

I was wondering if it would be possible to install the Windows 8 Release Preview on the Asus Transformer Pad TF300T 32 GB?

I've just started developing Windows 8 applications but I would prefer it if I could test my apps on a touch device!

Thanks!
    Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:25 PM

Answers

• The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is an ARM based tablet and requires Windows RT which is not released as testing build to the public. And Windows RT will not be sold in stores only with new devices, so you're out of luck.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:50 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is an ARM based tablet and requires Windows RT which is not released as testing build to the public. And Windows RT will not be sold in stores only with new devices, so you're out of luck.

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:50 AM
    Answerer
  • This is the answer I was expecting (and I was afraid of). Do you know a good alternative, which is not too big of an investment, to test my apps? I don't really see a return of investment happening in the near future, so I don't want to pay too much...
    Monday, June 25, 2012 9:05 AM
  • the visual studio comes with Simulator to simulate different screen resolutions and allows you to test apps in landscape and portrait mode.

But a touch device can't be emulated. Wait for the Surface Tablets from MS:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:25 AM
    Answerer