none
External Exchange connections

Question

• I have a client that has SBS2011 Standard running exchange

last year they joined with another company at the same premises so I added an additional domain to the sbs 2011 no problem

all working well

Now they have acquired another firm and this is where the fun is starting

the new firm is running exchange externally and they will not change to POP accounts will not allow a sub domain

this is causing a major issue as the other old emails are still active and will be so well into the future however

now is the fun part how or what is the recommended way to setup exchange server to add the mail into this group

If I try to create an additional exchange connection it will not allow it what is the best way to get exchange server to incorporate the external exchange into there current environment

all the users have been given a logon that is very different to there current alias's

as there are so many posts out on internet that say internal relay /external relay etc

Help wanted

now is the time

Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:34 AM

Answers

• How many users? I went through this same situation about a year ago. I ended up creating local PST for the newly acquired office, which was only about 10 people, and then import them into the SBS 2011 server, change the MX record to point to the new location. Cancelled the hosted exchange service that they were using. Obviously I am skipping detailed steps, but just wanted to give you an idea of what I did.
    Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:53 PM

All replies

• seems really be complex...didn't experience. want to know who experience provide recommend...

Best,

Howtodo

Sunday, February 09, 2014 4:37 PM
  • How many users? I went through this same situation about a year ago. I ended up creating local PST for the newly acquired office, which was only about 10 people, and then import them into the SBS 2011 server, change the MX record to point to the new location. Cancelled the hosted exchange service that they were using. Obviously I am skipping detailed steps, but just wanted to give you an idea of what I did.
    Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:53 PM