none
I've lost control of my subscription. Please help.

Question

• I am no longer able to access the Azure management portal.  When I log in I see a message telling me there are no subscriptions connected to my account, but I am the primary administrator.  The services are still running and other administrators are able to access the management portal.

I cannot find any way to contact Microsoft to get help.  When I phone Microsoft support in my country (Australia) ythey tell me they cannot help with Azure.  

How can I regain control of my subscription?

I still have control of the billing because I am using a different ID for the account management.

Friday, November 08, 2013 6:21 AM

Answers

• Thanks David.  A Microsoft engineer has already helped me resolve this.  

I was indeed presented with a disambiguation UI but I couldn't log in either way.  

It seems it was necessary for me to log in using an InPrivate browser session, so the IDs I use for other Microsoft products were not interfering with the Azure login.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused by this encountered issue, please try to see whether the workaround that posted by Ariel Gordon at:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/bd78862a-4cbf-4ebb-b5a0-ae4cf480f2e1/unable-to-log-on-to-windows-azure-portal?forum=windowsazuresecurity works for you. If it doesn't work, could you please send an email to me: dxu at microsoft.com with kindly providing your Live ID? We will provide help via emails.

Best Regards,
    Ming Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 08, 2013 8:23 AM
  • The workaround I posted is only meant to temporarily bypass the new sign-in experience and go to the Microsoft account (LiveID) sign in page. It won't help with any subscription issue. I will inform my colleagues who can help azure_user_HC with his issue.
    Friday, November 08, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hello hc,

I'm sorry that you are having problems accessing your subscription in the management portal.

Since you still have billing access, you should be able to sign into the accounts portal (https://account.windowsazure.com), sign in, and modify the subscription properties to assign yourself as the Service Administrator on the subscription. If you are already listed as the service administrator, please assign one of the other co-admins as the service admin, save the change, and then set it back to yourself. There are a narrow set of cases where this can repair the access. After this change, try signing into the management portal again.

Another possibility is that your email address may be associated with both an organizational identity and a Microsoft account (MSA) identity. In such a case you will be presented with a disambiguation UI during the sign-in flow like this:

Email-Based Disambiguation UI

Be sure that you select the appropriate identity in this flow - your subscriptions will be associated with one or the other, but not both (typically the Microsoft account identity). If you're not sure, try one and if it doesn't work then sign out and try signing in again with the other one.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue.

Regards

-David Messner
    Azure management portal team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:50 AM
  • Thanks David.  A Microsoft engineer has already helped me resolve this.  

I was indeed presented with a disambiguation UI but I couldn't log in either way.  

It seems it was necessary for me to log in using an InPrivate browser session, so the IDs I use for other Microsoft products were not interfering with the Azure login.

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:13 AM