none
Email Alert Me Not Working (someone else changes an item created by me) after the display for the column setting "Created by" has been changed

Question

• The Email Alert Me for the alert setting (someone else changes an item created by me) shall not work anymore after the display for the column setting "Created by" has been changed to Work e-mail.

Could somebody help to check on this? Thank you.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:40 AM

Answers

• The OOB (Out of the Box) column "Created by" is what that filter works on.  It's a specific column thats set once an item/document has been created.  The screenshot above is a people / group field that won't work on the alerts screen.  I imagine either: -

1 - Changing the original "Created By" column back to it's original name

2 - Editing the code for the Alert Creation field /_layouts page

Would help.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:37 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The created by field should never change, as each item can only be made once.  If an item is being deleted and re-uploaded, than your alert filter returns false and no alert will be generated.  Changing the display name for this column shouldn't matter.

If I'm misunderstanding, can you advise how the "Created By" field gets changed.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:21 AM
    Answerer
  • The item was not deleted but edited by someone else created by me and I did not receive the email alert. The field for "Created By" Column has already been changed to "Work E-mail" instead of "Name (with presence)" before this item was being created.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:51 AM
  • The OOB (Out of the Box) column "Created by" is what that filter works on.  It's a specific column thats set once an item/document has been created.  The screenshot above is a people / group field that won't work on the alerts screen.  I imagine either: -

1 - Changing the original "Created By" column back to it's original name

2 - Editing the code for the Alert Creation field /_layouts page

Would help.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:37 PM
    Answerer