none
Track sent alert and notify emails

Question

• Hi All,

I’d like to keep tracking the email alert or notify emails sent by SharePoint. Is there any setting so all these emails will be keep in exchange mailbox? Therefore we can log onto mailbox to check particular email had been sent.

System info: Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, Account used for email had mailbox attached.

Regards,

Tony

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Answers

• No, there isn't a facility to CC all emails coming out of standard SharePoint APIs.  You'll want to leverage a Transport Rule.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can keep all email alerts and notify  emails, in a separate, dedicated list in shp

Create a new list, and set incoming email address ( New_COLUMN_EMAIL_ADDRESS)

For each email settings, add this new New_COLUMN_EMAIL_ADDRESS  as CC

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Hi Prasath,

Thanks for your reply.

We don’t have the problem to configure the outgoing email. The email has been sent out from My Alert setting or any workflow email notification. The problem we are facing is how to review the email sent by SharePoint. The post from George is good to help you to configure the Outgoing email with SMTP.

Regards,

Tony

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:14 AM
  • Hi Romeo,

Not fully understanding your approach. You mean every alerts or notify Cc to particular sedicated list. Would you mind explan more?

Regards,

Tony

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:17 AM
  • I would use a Transport Rule in Exchange to capture all outbound email from the SharePoint server(s), copying them to a unified location (e.g. mailbox, Public Folder, etc).

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply. It seems we can’t do much from SharePoint Farm site. We have to rely on Exchange to capture the emails. Such as the Transport Rule to forward any email sent by SharePoint server to a particular mailbox.

Regards,

Tony

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:49 AM
  • No, there isn't a facility to CC all emails coming out of standard SharePoint APIs.  You'll want to leverage a Transport Rule.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:37 AM