none
EVent ID 1053 Source Userenv on Windows server 2003 Standard Edition Having SP2

Question

• From long time this event continuously Popping on one of my server.

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    Userenv
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    1053
    Date:        1/29/2014
    Time:        10:01:59 AM
    User:        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer:    DC1
    Description:
    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The format of the specified domain name is invalid. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

I tried a lot to find solution for this but still no luck, It's not impacting anything in my environment but I really want to rid from this event.

I have gone through almost all available online solutions, If anybody can help be, I would really appreciate it.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for replying so late.

Did you mean that you installed all the roles on a single server. In general, it is not recommended to install the DHCP server role on a DC.

In addition, did you encounter the DNS name resolution issue? If not, please check GPO to see if you any misconfiguration.
    In addition, please check the TCP/IP settings on the server and see if it is pointing to the correct DNS server. Also mark the "register this connection into DNS" on the TCP/ IP settings. Then you can run “ipconfig /flushdns” and “ipconfig/registerdns” at the command prompt on the client computer to see if the issue persists.

If the above is not helpful, I would appreciate it if you can post the results of running “ipconfig/all” on both the client and server side.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, February 17, 2014 2:32 AM

All replies

• Did you tried to restore the sysvol ?
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:46 PM
  •  This error is coming from 2008, So I do not think I can do that, ...Any Other Solution?
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, please make sure that your internal DNS server is the server for the domain you are logging in to. In addition, please make sure that DNS server is able to resolve information about your domain.

Best regards,

Susie

Friday, January 31, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Client has only single server which is handling all tasks.I have checked all N/w Setting AD health too by running dcdiag but no luck.
    Friday, January 31, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for replying so late.

Did you mean that you installed all the roles on a single server. In general, it is not recommended to install the DHCP server role on a DC.

In addition, did you encounter the DNS name resolution issue? If not, please check GPO to see if you any misconfiguration.
    In addition, please check the TCP/IP settings on the server and see if it is pointing to the correct DNS server. Also mark the "register this connection into DNS" on the TCP/ IP settings. Then you can run “ipconfig /flushdns” and “ipconfig/registerdns” at the command prompt on the client computer to see if the issue persists.

If the above is not helpful, I would appreciate it if you can post the results of running “ipconfig/all” on both the client and server side.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, February 17, 2014 2:32 AM