none
Show Calculated Column On View Properties Page For a Document

Question

• Hi.

How can I display a calculated column on the View Properties page of a document item in a SharePoint list?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have just tested it and found that if you don't add column in content type then it will not show in view properties. So go to library settings-->click on your content type-->click "add from existing site or list column"-->select your column, which you want to display-->click ok.

Now see the result (see below pic before adding column to content type. It is blank)

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by motionpotion Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What version of sharepoint?

I have just verified and calculate column is always there in view property page when select from ECB menu:

Is there something else? could you please explain more?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:43 AM
  • @Hemendra,

I have created a calculated column on a document library.  

It contains a URL link.  

When I go to View Properties on the ECB that calculated column does not appear.

Other calculated columns do appear on the View Properties page.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:59 PM
  • I can still see the hyperlink in calculate column. I have created new calculate column and add simple google link in it and keep it single line of text data type.

See below pic:

How you are adding link? Could you share your formula?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:07 AM
  • This is just pointer..i am unable to achive this..

Check your content type may be your column is hidden..

Yogesh Sainee

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:24 AM
  • The column is on the list.  Not a content type.

Still cannot make it appear on the display form.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Hello,

I have just tested it and found that if you don't add column in content type then it will not show in view properties. So go to library settings-->click on your content type-->click "add from existing site or list column"-->select your column, which you want to display-->click ok.

Now see the result (see below pic before adding column to content type. It is blank)

• Marked as answer by motionpotion Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:17 AM
  • This worked to display the column!

But the URL displays as text not as a URL.  

Is there a way to make it display as a link without using jQuery?

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:15 AM
  • If i understood you correctly from beginning then URL should also work. In my case URL is also displaying as link (you can see pic in second post).

How you are adding URL in calculate column?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:06 AM