none
SSRS 2012: Subreport in Design View will NOT reflect changes in Preview

Question

• Strange.  Yes, I saved the changes.  Yes, I deleted the subreport and tried inserting it back into the Main Report.  DESIGN mode is fine -- but Preview mode reflects only the old subreport (I can tell due to color and field changes).  Ditto when I PREVIEW the Main Report -- the srpt is still the old one.

BTW, we use TFS 2010 here for source control.

Does anyone know why a report will not reflect changes?

Thanks!!

A. Wolf

Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Wolf,

I have tested it on my local environment, if I make some changes on subreport, then it will reflect in main report immediately. In your scenario, the changes on subreport not reflect on main report may be caused by the TFS. You should update the changes on subreport on TFS. Try to delete the subreport on TFS and re-upload it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Wolf,

I have tested it on my local environment, if I make some changes on subreport, then it will reflect in main report immediately. In your scenario, the changes on subreport not reflect on main report may be caused by the TFS. You should update the changes on subreport on TFS. Try to delete the subreport on TFS and re-upload it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:11 AM
  • Hi Wolf,

Try running the main report with different parameter. I had the same issue and got resolved when I ran it different parameter.

-Villadian

Friday, September 06, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

Try running the report with different parameters as suggested or delete the cached report (with .data extension) in your reports folder and preview again.

Regards

Srini

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:12 PM