none
Two Firewall rules with exactly same functionality and two different names...?!

Question

• Hi all;

What is the difference between the following two rules:

• Active Directory Domain Controller -  Echo Request (ICMPv4-In)
    • File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• The first one is turned on when you install Active Directory Domain Service to allow communication on the network. The second one is turned on when you enabled File and printer sharing in Advanced network sharing center. I think they are different, though I cannot tell for sure what’s the difference.

TechNet Subscriber Support |If you have any feedback on Technet forum, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:42 AM
  • You said you think they are different, as I already KNOW. But what are the differences?

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:03 PM