none
Windows 8 OEM key from BIOS

Question

• Hi,

does the MAP toolkit scans, whether there is Windows 8 OEM key in the BIOS?

I wish to get a list of all computers in a domain with Windows 8 OEM license. In the MAP database (completed full inventory in MAP) I see a table "OEMData", but it is empty, although there are some computers with the Win8 OEM. Maybe some combintation of tables / views can give me this information?

Ginta

• Edited by Gintucis Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:43 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:11 AM

Answers

• MAP will look for the presence of the OEM markers in the BIOS and for Windows 8 machines, MAP will also be able to read the product edition installed. MAP does not retrieve product keys. In order for MAP to read the BIOS, it uses PowerShell, which means these machines will need remote PowerShell enabled. Within MAP, you choose the "Volume Client License" inventory scenario on the first page of the Inventory Wizard. 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:47 AM

All replies

• MAP will look for the presence of the OEM markers in the BIOS and for Windows 8 machines, MAP will also be able to read the product edition installed. MAP does not retrieve product keys. In order for MAP to read the BIOS, it uses PowerShell, which means these machines will need remote PowerShell enabled. Within MAP, you choose the "Volume Client License" inventory scenario on the first page of the Inventory Wizard. 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Thank You!

Ginta

Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:20 PM