none
WSS and SharePoint Server 2010

Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to install custom extended activities for SharePoint Server to send the email in a more customized format from here. But when I downloaded and trying to install the Activities. It is saying  that the WSS3.0 is not found error. I am having Windows7 Professional and SharePoint Server 2010 installed on it. DOes anyone know what am I missing here. More over I read that they are desined to work with MOSS 2007. DO they work with SharePoint Server 2010 as well?

Thanks,

K.V.N.PAVAN

• Moved by Lhan HanModerator Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:28 AM sp2010 (From:SharePoint - Workflow (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:41 PM

All replies

• HI,

looks like the version you downloaded wa the versioin for SP2007/WSS3 you should download this version instead http://siteworkflow.codeplex.com/ as it is the SP2010 version.

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Hi Ivan,

I have downloaded the solution what you have specified. I can only find some wsp file and a Batch file to install. What difference does that make if I install the WSP at the Central Admin level. I need a custom Workflow activity which changes the FROM part of the mail that is being sent to the portal of the site despite the valid From account in Outgoing email settings in Central Admin. I dont want to code the workflow in Visual Studio just for this simple issue where everything else is fine. Is there any solution that is available that I can install and the custom activity shows up in SPD 2010.Could you please help me in this regard? what should be done and how?

Thanks,

K.V.N.PAVAN

• Edited by Pa1 Kumar Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:24 PM