none
All services in Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Service Pack 2 marked for deletion

Question

• Hi,

I have a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Service Pack 2 which is a Domain Controller - Active Directory -

It holds

Domain Role Owner
    RID Pool Manager
    Infrastructure Owner

this is 2nd time i see all the services are marked for deletion and startup type is disabled.

i go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services, and delete the value named DeleteFlag this works as a work around.

but i am wondering how this happens without any changes done by anyone...any ideas for a permanent fix.?

Please suggest if you have solutions

Thanks

Alex

Alex

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:38 PM

Answers

• ALL services? This seems the work of malware of some sort.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

As Dave mentioned, firstly suggest that you should scan malicious software in the system.

In addition, can you remember which operation (change settings or others) you did before this issue occurred? Meanwhile, can you confirm if this issue occurred regularly or just suddenly?

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

i scanned the server using Malware bytes and got the result attached below here.We didnot do any changes in server as far as i know.

Since this server is accessed by other admins also....i cannot assure if someone had made any changes without my knowledge..this is second time we got this issue all of a sudden in span of 10 days.

One thing i observed was we are getting this issue around wednesday's ...after malware byte detected and deleted a file i am waiting to next wednesday to see if this issue re-occurs again.

Alex

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:19 PM

All replies

• ALL services? This seems the work of malware of some sort.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

As Dave mentioned, firstly suggest that you should scan malicious software in the system.

In addition, can you remember which operation (change settings or others) you did before this issue occurred? Meanwhile, can you confirm if this issue occurred regularly or just suddenly?

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

i scanned the server using Malware bytes and got the result attached below here.We didnot do any changes in server as far as i know.

Since this server is accessed by other admins also....i cannot assure if someone had made any changes without my knowledge..this is second time we got this issue all of a sudden in span of 10 days.

One thing i observed was we are getting this issue around wednesday's ...after malware byte detected and deleted a file i am waiting to next wednesday to see if this issue re-occurs again.

Alex

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:19 PM