none
Exchange 2013 - Delivery Management (Security groups)

Question

• Exchange 2013 - Delivery Management (Security groups)

The distribution group (e.g. Staff ALL), I would like to add a security group in "Delivery Management" so it allows only certain users to send to that distribution group.   What happens is that when you try to add a security group for "Delivery Management" it only show the users and not the security groups.  Is there a command so I can add the security group through the exchange management shell?

Monday, November 11, 2013 12:54 AM

Answers

• Have you tried mail-enabling it?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:40 AM
  • Hello,

By default, we can't add a security group for "Delivery Management". We need to mail-enable it.

If the group is a universal security group, you can use Enable-DistributionGroup cmdlet to mail-enable an existing universal group.

If the group is not a universal security group, you need to convert it to universal security group, and then use Enable-DistributionGroup cmdlet to mail-enable it.

Here is the article for your reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998916.aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 11, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• Have you tried mail-enabling it?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:40 AM
  • I don't want to mail-enable another security group.  I just want to add a normal security group to the delivery management section of the distribution group as I don't want more distribution groups if I mail enable the security group

• Edited by slee85 Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:02 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Hello,

By default, we can't add a security group for "Delivery Management". We need to mail-enable it.

If the group is a universal security group, you can use Enable-DistributionGroup cmdlet to mail-enable an existing universal group.

If the group is not a universal security group, you need to convert it to universal security group, and then use Enable-DistributionGroup cmdlet to mail-enable it.

Here is the article for your reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998916.aspx

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Cara Chen

Monday, November 11, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Thanks for your help Cara and Ed.  If that's the only way then I will do it :)

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:24 AM
  • Hello,

I'm afraid that you can use only the way to do it.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Cara Chen

Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:22 PM
  • After you've set everything up, you can hide it from the address book.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Thanks Ed for the suggestion, I've already done.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 3:18 AM