none
SSRS 2008 R2 report does not print the page header for a html content displaying on multiple pages

Question

• Hi

I need to display the html content from the database. The html content are quite long and can have content of 3-5 pages. Issue I  am facing is f the record has html content of 3-5 pages, then it does not print the page header (which is a separate tablix) on second page onwards.

Nikesh Shah

Nikesh Shah

Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:04 AM

All replies

• When you say page header do you mean page header section of rdl or you just add another tablix within report body itself to make it header?

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Saturday, August 30, 2014 7:05 PM
  • Hi Nikesh,

According to your description, I’m not sure the meaning of Page header in your scenario. In Reporting Services, a page header that run along the top of each page, respectively. Headers can contain static text, images, lines, rectangles, borders, background color, background images, and expressions. But we couldn’t add tablix in the page header.

If you are saying report header, a report header consists of the report items that are placed at the top of the report body on the report design surface. They appear only once as the first content in the report. So it cannot repeat in other pages.

If you are saying tablix header, freezing column headers are different in table and matrix. For more details, please refer to the following thread:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/c8ddc1af-1bdf-4e72-8aab-0353c7cc848a/ssrs-report-freezing-row-and-column-while-scrolling-issue?forum=sqlreportingservices

If there are any misunderstanding, please elaborate the issue for further investigation.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 01, 2014 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

To clarify,

I have a tablix with detail field printing the html content from the database. Their are multiple database rows to be printed one after another without any page break. 

I need to repeat the tablix group header on each new page when the content is displayed in subsequent pages anlso. .

1. When the html content of the row exceed the current page then the tablix group header is not printed in the subsequent page.

2. If for some reason the html content completes in the same page, then the next page will have tablix group header printed.

3. It is also observed that if the current html content row comletes its content within say 80-85% of the page then subsequent row's html content skips the balance page and starts from next page (here it prints the tablix group header also).

Hope this clarifies. Key point is html content is to be displayed in the report with header to be repeated on each page.

Katherine: The URL provided does not meet the requirement.

Nikesh Shah

Monday, September 01, 2014 9:07 AM