none
Printing multiple room calendars combined

Question

• A church has about 20 meeting rooms that they want to book using Room Mailboxes. They want to print a calendar to post for each room...that part's easy.

However, when congregation members arrive for a scheduled event, they don't know what room it's in. They need to walk into the lobby and look at a single calendar. To do that, they'd need a calendar that lists all events in all rooms by time and date, and each entry would need to indicate what room it's in.

OL 2010 & 2013 let you view multiple calendars overlaid, but as near as I can tell, there's no way to print them that way (aside from printing a screen capture, which wouldn't work because the text is truncated).

What we're really looking for is something like:

------------------------

Friday, 20 Sep 2013

9:00AM-11:00AM Some Meeting, Room 11

9:00AM-10:00AM Some Other Meeting, Room 2

2:00PM-2:30PM Some Club, Room 9

------------------------

Saturday, 21 Sep 2013

[More events with room numbers]

------------------------

Sunday, 22 Sep 2013

[More events with room numbers]

------------------------

------------------------

Ideally, a 1-week calendar; that would have enough room for their events on a letter-sized hard copy that could be posted in the lobby.

Is there an Outlook feature, or 3rd-party add-in, that would do what we need?

TIA

Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:33 AM

All replies

• The calendar printing assistant will print all of the calendars as one.  There might be some addins that can do it too.  I have a list at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar-tools-addins/calendar-printing-tools-for-outlook/#tools

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:36 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, Diane!

The Calendar Printing Assistant link on your site leads to an older version that only supports OL2007. My machine, on which I want to test this to see if it does what the client needs, has OL2013 32-bit.

This version--

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16645

--the latest, claims to support OL2007-2013 32-bit. But when I launch the installer, it tells me it needs OL2007 and then terminates.

More accurately, it claims to support OL2013 on the download page; on the corresponding KB article, it only mentions OL2007 & 2010. In the 2 message boxes posted by the installer, it mentions only OL2007.

Any ideas on that, or should I just try another add-in?

Thanks!

• Edited by JRV529088 Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:11 PM
    Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

I tested the tool in the link, it didn't work on Outlook 2013 & 2010 and only seemed to work with Outlook 2007 installed.

Thank you for your feedback, you may try other add-ins since this one doesn't work for you.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:48 AM
  • I tried the MS Calendar Printing Assistant on an OL2010 machine. Of the non-custom (i.e., Word VBA) solutions, it is the closest to meeting their needs. However:

1. It's crucial that each Appointment include the name of the room calendar, but it does not.
    2. The truncated text is annoying, but they'd probably live with it.

Doesn't look to me like there's a solution for these, other than to modify the Word templates, which will be too expensive. Thought I'd make one more pass to see if anyone knows of a solution.

TIA

Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:38 PM