none
SharePoint 2013 SSRS SQL 2012 SP1 and Mac Safari 5.1 or 6.0 report issues

Question

• I have been try to figure out an issue that only seems to be affecting Safari 5.1 or 6.0 on OSX 10.6.8 or 10.7. I can view the same reports as the same user on the same Mac as the same user in Chrome 27.0.1453.116 or Firefox 22.  I have also tested iPads (iPad2 iOS 6.1), Android tablets and phones (ICS 4.0.4 and JB 4.2.2), and even an Microsoft Surface and they all work fine.

The issue is when viewing a report through SharePoint 2013 in Safari regardless of if the report has parameters or not is it looks like the page just keeps reloading. The problem is not that I can't see the report viewer which is most of the issues related to SSRS 2008R2 and 2012. I can see the report view and I can even put in parameters. However when I click Apply the follow activity occurs.

On Safari the following occurs

GET: 302 Found default.aspx /_login: Size 0B, Transfer 1.67KB

GET: 302 Found default.aspx /_windows Size 0B, Transfer 1.15KB

It seems like the browser is redirected to login again. If I do this with a report that does not have parameters the "Loading" gif will appear forever with the same cycle going on with the page loading over and over. I did read something about Safari not supporting pass through authentication in 5.1. However if that is the problem then why is Safari listed as a supported browser, or not listed with that caveat on the browser support page?

In Chrome this same set of step 302 to occur if I do not use the report for a while. After hitting apply the report appears to refresh to a blank report without any parameter values selected. The POST/GET activity mimics what I am seeing for Safari.  However unlike Safari, if I immediately put the parameters in again and click apply the report works as expected. Also when the report loads as expected I do not see the 302 to default.aspx /_login and /_windows.

So what is different about Safari on OSX that is preventing it from displaying reports correctly when just about every other supported OS/Browser combination including some that aren't officially supported work perfectly fine with the same report?

• Edited by K_Laubscher Monday, July 08, 2013 8:29 PM Added SharePoint 2013 information
    Monday, July 08, 2013 5:18 PM

Answers

• The issue appears to be with the SharePoint 2013 SSRS integration. I move the same report project to a different SQL2012 instance running SSRS native and published the exact same reports that are not working through a SharePoint 2013 BI Center instance. The reports work perfectly fine from Safari against a native SSRS instance. I am going to deploy the reports to a different SharePoint 2013 farm and see if I can replicate the results.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 10:33 PM

All replies

• I went one step further to try to put as basic of a report out on SharePoint as possible. I created a new report without a data connection of any sorts. The report only contains one text box with generic text. Even this report on OSX 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.9 fails to load properly. Like the prior reports, the page just appears to keep reloading showing the "Loading" circle gif image.  All other part of SharePoint appear to work normally with Safari.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 9:07 PM
  • The issue appears to be with the SharePoint 2013 SSRS integration. I move the same report project to a different SQL2012 instance running SSRS native and published the exact same reports that are not working through a SharePoint 2013 BI Center instance. The reports work perfectly fine from Safari against a native SSRS instance. I am going to deploy the reports to a different SharePoint 2013 farm and see if I can replicate the results.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 10:33 PM
  • Does the issue persists or not?
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:15 AM
  • Did you find that anything changed with using SSRS native?  Or did you find a workaround/fix for going with SSRS integrated?

I am experiencing the same behaviour with SP2013 and SSRS 2012 when using Safari or Chrome on a Mac.

Firefox is working fine.

Thanks,
    Richard

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Did anybody find a resolution to the issue with Safari and SQL Server 2012 in SharePoint 2013 integrate mode?
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:42 PM
  • I did not find an answer. The best I could come up with is for reporting services web parts, set them not to load asynchronously (there is a tick box in the web part properties). For reports themselves, I have had to setup links to the reports and use sensible default parameters. If you lookup the specs for what can be passed in the URL there is also one that turns off asynchronous loading in this mode as well. This is less than ideal, but the best work around I have for Safari on Mac at the moment. Let us know if you find anything better. Regards, Richard
    • Edited by Richard MM Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:14 PM Typo
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:04 PM
  • I have the same problem. Please alter me if Microsoft fix the problem. There is a place similar to "connect.microsoft.com" where notice to Microsoft of problem/bug related to SharePoint 2013 and BI (for partner) ? Let me known. Thanks so much.
    • Edited by PaoloLec Friday, January 24, 2014 11:23 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 11:22 AM
  • Any fix to this?
    Friday, February 14, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Saving the credentials in the safari key chain will help solve the problem. Just check the checkbox to rememeber the credentials when you first open the sharepoint site.
    • Proposed as answer by Prem_3 Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:12 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:52 PM