SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

Question

• hi there, i've installed Release Preview yesterday and also my graphics driver (SIS 672) but since i've installed it my screens is always blinking, not even can go to start screen or charms bar

has anyone able to install this driver on RP? i just cant, i've installed couple of them tho 
    now i need to stick with Microsoft basic driver adapter but it aint do the right resolution of the screen, only 1280x768...

any help?
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• My video card is also the SIS as well! I am using the proper configuration of Windows, but many add-ons WIN8 are not activated! SIS crap!
    Monday, June 04, 2012 4:57 AM
  • My problem is the same! I hate SIS!!!
    Monday, June 04, 2012 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

This is a driver issue, you may try to request a updated version driver form SIS.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:09 AM
  • The SIS 672 is a bit old. Try the Vista WDDM 1.0 drivers, they should still work in Windows 8.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:36 AM
    Answerer
  • The SIS 672 is a bit old. Try the Vista WDDM 1.0 drivers, they should still work in Windows 8.

This "SIS 672" is the same "SIS Mirage 3"? I installed the drivers for Vista and 7 that were on the CD from my computer, but the same problem occurred.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

This is a driver issue, you may try to request a updated version driver form SIS.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

The last version that seems to have News, is this here. I still do not dare to download!
     >> http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d159321-sis_mirage_3_graphics
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:54 PM
  • yes 672 = Mirage 3. Do you have a yellow icon in device manager? Which code does it show?

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Dude, look at the image:

hehehe I'm brazilian. The Windows 8 is pt_br. :D

In "Adaptadores de Vídeo" (Display adapters) what Microsoft uses when it has installed the brand itself. This is where it should be spelled "SIS Mirage 3." There is no yellow rectangle, as can be noted. But without that damn SIS, I can not put the computer to sleep. = @

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:38 PM
  • right click on "Basic adapter" and update the driver. Point to the path where you extracted the SiS drivers.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:45 PM
    Answerer
  • right click on "Basic adapter" and update the driver. Point to the path where you extracted the SiS drivers.

Man, I've done it and installed some versions of the drivers of SIS, but the same problem occurs!
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:05 PM
  • Run the Problem Step Recoder (psr.exe) to show the steps you've done to install the driver. Save the rport and attach it here.

The picture shows me that no dirver was installed. Make sure you select the path yourself, don't let Windows serach for the drivers!

Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Run the Problem Step Recoder (psr.exe) to show the steps you've done to install the driver. Save the rport and attach it here.

The picture shows me that no dirver was installed. Make sure you select the path yourself, don't let Windows serach for the drivers!

I had installed before, but as always gave error and I had to reinstall Windows or restore, I did not install any drive in my Windows 8 's SIS here. If I install, will give problem that I know and I don't want to lose my files and go through all this again.

Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Which error do you get? BSOD?

Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:11 PM
    Answerer
  • I don't know, dude.  My screens is always blinking, but how do I know what is the name of the error, because it did not appear (at least I don't know how).
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Which error do you get? BSOD?

Ah, the blue screen of death! She appeared in the last 2 times I tried to install the drive!

______

Only after some effort I understand that BSOD was the blue screen of death! (Here is TADM)
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:12 PM
  • yes, blue scrren of death.

Can you uplaod the DMP files from the folder C:\Windows\Minidump?

Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:51 PM
    Answerer
  • There isn't this folder: C:\Windows\Minidump
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:17 PM
  • The folder is hidden by default. Configure Windows to show hidden and system files.

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Still doesn't exist ...
    Monday, June 11, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Have you configured your Windows to geneate dumps?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Is the pagefile enabled?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:49 AM
    Answerer
  • I have the same problem and reverted back to Windows 7, where this driver is working properly. Under Windows 8, the screen is constantly turning black and the laptop runs very slow and is unstable. Default Windows 8 drivers do not support the proper resolution.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:35 PM
  • the SiS is very old and not very good. Buy a new low-end card from AMD or nVIDIA and everything is fine

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:49 AM
    Answerer
  • I sent a message to contact the SiS website so they are making a new driver compatible with Windows 8. I also ask that everyone did, because there would force them to develop such new driver for anyone suffering with this incompatibility, like me.
    Let's hope they answer our prayers.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:40 PM
  • RE: Lew Angellus

Did you ever receive any feedback from SiS regarding this windows 8 driver issue?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:34 AM
  • RE: Lew Angellus

Did you ever receive any feedback from SiS regarding this windows 8 driver issue?

Ah, that would truly be a nice thing to now. I at least have found nothing new so far :(
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:12 AM