none
Is it possible and supported to customize dialin web page?

Question

• Hi!

My customer has issues with the fact that in the dialin page displayed by Lync, all information are presented without proper formatting (ie no space between Region/Number/Available Language).

I was just wondering if it's possible to customize the formatting of this page, and if - indeed - it was supported to do so.

Any hint?

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is technically possible to customize dialin conferencing page. As per my understanding, it is not supported.

Thanks
    Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:48 PM
  • You can create your own web page and redirect the dialin url to that. Lycn doesn't have to host. Lync doesn't really do anything with it other than provide a URL for people to change their PIN and automatically add new numbers as they are added to Lync.

We are about to replace the default dial-in page with our own custom page that includes our corporate branding as well as moving the "change PIN" section to the bottom of the page. We also want to do this to filter out numbers from "minor" offices so that our dialin page doesn't have 150 different phone numbers listed on it. So publicly it displays regional phone numbers. Internally we will use the default page listing all numbers so employess can provide direct dial-in numbers to minor offices if necessary.

Not publishing the minor locations also minimizes the possibility of a bunch of people calling in via that location and chewing up local lines which at minor locations are often very minimal. (We want minor location to still offer it if necessary as we are a global company and this could offset toll charges for cost-conscious customers).

A custom page also allows us to "force the path" allowing us to minimize hops to get to our Conferencing servers freeing up internal bandwidth. Why use our bandwidth when we can use the Telco's instead?

Have you visited Lync News lately? All of the latest Lync news, articles, and tips collected in one giant aggregator. http://lyncne.ws

• Marked as answer by yanmann Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is technically possible to customize dialin conferencing page. As per my understanding, it is not supported.

Thanks
    Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:48 PM
  • You can create your own web page and redirect the dialin url to that. Lycn doesn't have to host. Lync doesn't really do anything with it other than provide a URL for people to change their PIN and automatically add new numbers as they are added to Lync.

We are about to replace the default dial-in page with our own custom page that includes our corporate branding as well as moving the "change PIN" section to the bottom of the page. We also want to do this to filter out numbers from "minor" offices so that our dialin page doesn't have 150 different phone numbers listed on it. So publicly it displays regional phone numbers. Internally we will use the default page listing all numbers so employess can provide direct dial-in numbers to minor offices if necessary.

Not publishing the minor locations also minimizes the possibility of a bunch of people calling in via that location and chewing up local lines which at minor locations are often very minimal. (We want minor location to still offer it if necessary as we are a global company and this could offset toll charges for cost-conscious customers).

A custom page also allows us to "force the path" allowing us to minimize hops to get to our Conferencing servers freeing up internal bandwidth. Why use our bandwidth when we can use the Telco's instead?

Have you visited Lync News lately? All of the latest Lync news, articles, and tips collected in one giant aggregator. http://lyncne.ws

• Marked as answer by yanmann Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Thanks!

I didn't think about creating a custom page hosted on a different web server; even if it means maintaining Dial-in phone numbers in Lync and in the web server web page.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:28 PM
  • I have made small changes to my dialin page - just to get the formatting right.

You can have a look here: http://exchangepro.dk/2013/08/28/how-to-customize-lync-dialin-page/

Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:57 PM