none
xpath query - update resource

Question

• Hello,

In fim WAL, update resource activity, I have an xpath query followed by an update resource. When the mpr is called, I get a success only for a very few objects in the set. Remaining ones end up in post processing error. Next time when I call the mpr, a few more objects get the value correctly and remaining ones with post-processing error. I am repeating the step many times to process the workflow for all the objects in he set. Is there anything wrong in the query or can I make it better?

xpath query

Titlereference     ===>       /Titles[DisplayName='[//Target/FriendlyTitle]']

updates

[//Queries/Titlereference] ===> [//Target/Title]

In the above example, Titles is a custom resource. Title is single valued reference object. I am finding the objectid of  title from Titles and updating that to Title.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:38 PM

All replies

• I found what is causing this. We have 2 portal servers load balanced. The Titles resource which I added are only in portal1 and not in portal2. When I click portal2 - Administration -all resources - Titles, it is throwing me internal configuration error. contact your administrator. I could see all the values in portal1. Can someone please help?

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:24 PM
  • Worth noting that FIM WAL (Workflow Activity Library) is produced by Microsoft Consulting Service, and you won't typically find support for it on this forum, at least until they post it on CodePlex.

CraigMartin – Edgile, Inc. – http://identitytrench.com

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:04 PM
  • The problem seems to be because of new resource not getting replicated to other server more than FIM WAL issue. 
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:37 PM